Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. Add the title and Author's name too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR pile.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO ADD SPOILERS______________________


This week my Teaser comes from a wonderful Urban Fantasy series that Im reading, The Renfield Syndrome. Its the second book in the Rhiannon's Law series by J.A.Saare. Its dark and gritty, the protaganist in this series totally kicks ass and the males(yes males) are smokn hot...defintely a must read!


Vampires, and werewolves, and demons, oh my. 

Rhiannon thought facing off against a deranged child vampire was the most dangerous task she would ever have to undertake, but she’s about to discover making a deal with a demon is far, far worse. Sent forward into another reality, one in which vampires are now dominating nearly extinct humans, she realizes the sooner she returns to her vampire lover, Disco, the better. 

Unfortunately, time changes a lot of things; including those most trusted around her. When she’s faced with a loss and betrayal unlike any she has ever known, her focus shifts from severing the debt between the demon that wants to kill her, to exacting a revenge that will bring forth consequences she never could have fathomed. By reaching out to the darkness lingering within her, she’ll find the strength to push forward despite the circumstances that would see her dead and buried. 

After all, when it’s all said and done, all that she has left to lose is her soul.
_________________________________________________________________

Jennifer was waiting when I opened the door, half-changed. Her furred face went from furious to confused when I exited the room with Sonja. She growled, and I stopped her with a gentle hand on her arm.
 “Don’t. It isn’t necessary. Trust me.” Her baffled look didn’t stop me as we all descended the stairs—necromancer, werewolf, and poltergeist. When we came to the circle, I entered it, opened the metal door to the pet cage, and pulled out the dirt-infested cat by the scruff of the neck. I wasn’t sure what I expected, but thankfully Sonja made things easy. She didn’t fight when I walked out of the circle and lifted the cat into the air, holding it so their eyes could meet. The moment she started to dissipate, I retrieved the knife from my pocket.
 The cat went wild as Sonja entered its body, scratching at my arms, but it couldn’t avoid the knife that severed the artery at its throat. When Sonja was fully trapped inside the host of something I could control, I started working the blade through the bone, grateful I’d taken Paine’s blood and my strength had increased. “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Return to the hereafter from whence you came. God have mercy on your soul.”

Now whats ur TT??


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That is an interesting teaser! Sounds like some dark deeds are going down in this book.

    Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea they are! Its a great series!! You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete

We love to chat...drop me

XOXOXO
VanesMate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...