Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Starting over sucks.


When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.


And then he opened his mouth.


Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.


The hot alien living next door marks me.


You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.


If I don’t kill him first, that is.


Obsidian was amazing! Daemon was a beautiful asshole! Katy totally kicked ass! Aliens are awesome!!


Seriously though, bravo Jennifer! You've done it again! Who woulda thought aliens could be so cool!! How have I fallen in love with Daemon?? He was a complete ass most of the book...but I did! His first meeting with Katy had me wanting to punch him:


For a moment, all I could do was stare at him. He was probably the hottest guy I’d ever seen in real life, and he was a total douche. Go figure. “You know, all I wanted was directions. This is obviously a bad time.” One side of his lips curled up.
“Anytime is a bad time for you to come knocking on my door, kid.”
“Kid?” I repeated, eyes widening. A dark, mocking eyebrow arched again. I was starting to hate that brow. “I’m not a kid. I’m seventeen.”
“Is that so?” He blinked. “You look like you’re twelve. No. Maybe thirteen, but my sister has this doll that kinda reminds me of you. All big-eyed and vacant.”
I reminded him of a doll? A vacant doll? Warmth burned in my chest, spreading up my throat. “Yeah, wow. Sorry to bother you. I won’t be knocking on your door again. Trust me.”



And the animosity just goes downhill from there. Katy meets Dee....Daemon's sister. Throughout the entire book Daemon and Katy fight their feelings for each other and Daemon continues to be a complete and utter ass to Katy. But its for her own good. I won't say exactly why...u gotta read to find out. But at the end I did start to see how he really felt about her and it became apparent in this scene:


What am I doing? If they find out what I’ve done…but I can’t lose her. I can’t. I gasped for air, floored by the knowledge that I was hearing Daemon’s thoughts. He was talking to me—not like before when he was in his true form. This was different, like his thoughts and feelings were dancing around mine. Fear beat at me, as did something softer, even more powerful than fear. Please. Please. I can’t lose you. Please open your eyes. Please don’t leave me.


I cannot wait to read the next one...why have you done this to me Jennifer??? This is an awesome new series that you've gotta check out!! Now!!


The last line of this book was priceless:


A smile parted his lips. “You do realize I love a challenge?” I laughed under my breath and turned back to the front door, giving him a one-fingered salute. “So do I, Daemon. So do I.”


Let the cat and mouse game begin!


View all my reviews Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to chat...drop me

XOXOXO
VanesMate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...