Sunday, May 29, 2011

Downside Ghosts Series by Stacia Kane!!

One of the greatest...now safely in my Top 5 favs!! Its like being sucked in to a whole new world thats dark and scary and full of the unknown...I didnt wanna leave. I didnt think I would like a book about the protaganist being an addict with no dreams of recovery....but it worked and I wouldnt have it any other way!  Now that Iv finished I can now safely say that Chess and Terrible are right up there with Cat/Bones and Mac/Barrons!!


Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1)Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I love this sooo much I can barely contain myself!! Chess' inner dialog is fecking brilliant:



If Mrs. Morton would stop verbally jacking off her husband and son this would al be done so much more quickly,but then Chess figured it was just about the only sex the woman got.



And her thoughts on Bumps style and decor:



"Bump stood in the middle of the room, wrapped in a heavy fur coat, with a silk top hat covering his fuzzy head and unnecessary sunglasses covering his pale face. He looked like the Abominable Snowpimp."



And the scene that made me fall in love with her(sorry mom):



"The itch was starting to sting. The Grand Elder stayed where he was, starting at the elevator doors. Why didn't he just go already? He had places to be, and she had feet to scratch and uppers to snort.

She just doesnt give a fuck...and I love it;)





I even loved Mrs.Increase's Advice for Ladies: "Theres no proof of course, that a clean, well-run home automatically equals a safe, ghosts-free one, but why take chances."



Its like the Stepfordwife Guide on acid;)



I loved everything about this book and can wait to read the next one!!

It was dark, gritty and even scary at times and I loved every FECKIN minute of it!! Cant believe it took me so long to start this series!!



View all my reviews



Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This series is one of the greatest!! Its like being sucked in to a whole new world thats dark and scary and full of the unknown. I didnt think I would like a book about the protaganist being an addict with no dreams of recovery....but it worked and I wouldnt have it any other way! One of the sweetest moments in literary history:



"I figure you really wanted me you'd say. Like now, maybe, if you dig. I'll fuckin carry you down your place on a run, you tell me aye, get you on your back afore the next word comes out your mouth. But you oughta have yourself certain, causen I ain't lookin for charity, an I ain't lettin you go after. Once...once ain't enough for me, dig?"



I really thought she was learning her lesson and admitting to herself that she really wanted to be with him....Especially when Terrible came to her rescue at the Pyles'.(I must say that her withdrawal was the most powerful scenes Iv ever read.)

Then this idiot was to damn scared to take the fecking leap when he basically confessed his love to her...I was soooo disappointed in Chess at that moment! She really fucked herself over with this love triangle she had going on! And it was so sad when Terrible busted her...at the same time....Im glad her dumb ass got caught. She really pissed me off with that one. She knew how Terrible felt about her and she went ahead and fucked Lex anyway! She shouldnt even been in that graveyard with him in the first place.



"Two nights past. He say two nights past, aye? Two nights---you seen him? That night you seen him, after I--you went from--"



I swear this series was one wild fecking ride!



View all my reviews

City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This one has to be my favorite! Although it was tough to read at times...because Terrible was treating Chess like shit..she fecking deserved it. She really made some fuckedup choices which resulted in her paying dearly for them. Thank God they worked it out!! Somewhat...theres more healing to be done so-to-speak. The sex scenes between Chess and Terrible where hot as hell!!!



Now....without further adieu....

I would like to share my favorite moment of this book:



drummroll please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



"...sneaking off into the bathroom with some rigmutton cunt, leaving me on my alones in the bar, and other men talking to me and saying i got me a date there and he fucking some whore while everyone outside the bathroom hearing them."



That whole scene in the car was hilarious!! This series has become one of my all time favorites. I was sucked in from the beginning and hung on to each word like a lifeboat;) Imaptiently waiting the next one...loved it...fecking loved it!!



"You know I do, aye? Love you right, Chessiebomb."



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to chat...drop me

XOXOXO
VanesMate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...