Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let Me In by Callie Croix

Let Me In by Callie Croix
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Publication Date: May 21st 2012
Carina Press

"What are you going to do?" What I've wanted to do to you for almost two years. "Shhh. Let me in."

In this short and sweet novella Talia, who is a Marine, is coming home for Thanksgiving. Not ecstatic about her leave falling on Thanksgiving weekend, Talia's plagued with loneliness. To her surprise her best friend and her sex on wheels brother...Liam, picks her up from the airport and insist that she spend the holidays with them. Having a sick mother and embarrassed about her past, Talia has the wall put up around her. Not wanting to feel like a charity case, she doesn't realize that Liam's family adores her and is already part of the family.

Talia has been in love with Liam for a long time and doesn't feel that she's worthy. Liam has been adamant about them becoming more than friends but she puts up this lame excuse of not wanting to ruin their friendship or lose the only normal family thats she's known! But this time around, Liam is determined to change her mind and break down those walls of hers once and for all.....

I greatly enjoyed this story. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars had nothing to do with the writing or the author, it was just that I was sick and tired of Talia's self-loathing and stubbornness when it came to Liam and his family! I understood her misgivings for not wanting to be vulnerable around him and her embarrassment of her mother and her issues. But after a while it was exhausting! I mean come on....she's known the dude for a couple of years...his family as well, and she just wouldn't let them in. Didn't realize that they loved her as part of the family. It was obvious that Liam cared for her and wanted more than a physical relationship, but she didn't even want to give it a shot! She just wanted to do everything on her own. Not realizing that sometimes, you just need someone to lean on, to be there for you the best way they know how.

But other than that....the story was perfect. And was a great love story that pulled at my heart strings. Some scenes were a little hard because of what she's going through with her mother and I definitely can relate to that since one of my parents is an alcoholic and I know how she felt with wanting to walk away from her mother but not finding it in her heart to actually do it, no matter how shitty she treats her. There were also some smokin' hot interactions between Liam and Talia, they were just great! I would definitely read more from this author and can't wait to read that naughty little scene between Liam's threeway!! I recommend this to my girls that love some good 'ol erotic romance, you won't be disappointed.

Arc provided by Carina Press via Netgalley.

View all my reviews Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to chat...drop me

XOXOXO
VanesMate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...