Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Review: Darkest Caress by Kaylea Cross

Darkest Caress by Kaylea Cross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published April 23rd 2012
Carina Press

"Three shall become six, and together with The Lost they shall battle the Obsidian Lord for the fate of mankind."

In this surpisingly good Urban Fantasy with an erotic twist Daegan, an Empowered male grudgingly meets his intended mate, Olivia. Feeling as though it is the last thing he needs right now, he also feels imposibly drawn to the female. Going through the Heat Cycle is a bitch and as Coven Leader to the Empowered, Daegan has to stay viligant....the Obsidian Lord is out there and will stop at nothing to destroy all of mankind and the Empowered as well.

When Olivia meets Daegan, she's bombarded with a pleathera of emotions, blinding lust is the major one. But she doesn't undertand why, never in her life has a male affected her so strongly. When an evil client of hers tries to do her harm, the enigmatic Daegan comes to the rescue. Unfortunately, he comes with some baggage. Informing her of the fact that she's not only his mate, but there's a war coming and she's to play an integral part in it. Can she trust this sexy man, or is her mind playing tricks on her?

This was definitely a pleasant surprise for me. I expected this to be good but not a brand new series that I can obsess over...we can always use more of those I think!

Daegan is all alpha male and fiercly loyal. Being leader of the almost extinct Empowered, he's got a lot on his plate. Not to mention the very beautiful Olivia, who has no clue that she too is one of the Empowered. With the prophecy hanging over there heads, Daegan, Cade and Vaughn are at a race for time trying to find more of their kind so they can defeat the newest Obsidian Lord. Add that to the debilitating Heat Cycle, Daegan is plagued with, shit is starting to hit the fan. The Dark Army is closing in and he must protect his mate...even from himself.

I greatly enjoyed all of the characters in this book and is very excited to see where the author's going to take us next. Its an awesome and original story that kept me on the edge of my seat. I swear I stayed up extremely late trying to find out what was going to happen next and the intimate scene's between Daegan and Liv were scortching! Fans of UF and PNR will enjoy this book, methinks....I know I did!! Great potential for an epic series.....

***Arc provided by Carina Press via Netgalley

View all my reviews

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to chat...drop me

XOXOXO
VanesMate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...