Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Guardian by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Guardian (Dark-Hunter, #21; Dream-Hunter, #5)The Guardian by Sherrilyn Kenyon


My rating: 5 of 5 stars




Seth is guardian to the evil Noir. He's been released from his constant torture so that he can retrieve the key to Olympus from Solin. Its said that he's the only Dream-Hunter who knows were the key is. If Noir gets his hands on the key, he and his Azura will rule the world. Time is runing out for Seth....if Solin doesn't break soon, he will go back to the pits and be tortured for all eternity.
Lydia, Were-Hunter and Dream-Hunter, has gone to Azmodea to retrieve Solin from Noir's evil cluthes. When she finally gets there, she's kidnapped by Seth and gives Solin 3 days to retrieve the key or Lydia dies.
How is it that after all of the DH books...this is my favorite?? Because SK is the author thats why!!! Each on of these books gets better and better. You would think since this is like the 21st book in the DH world that by now they would get boring...but no! They just keep getting better!
Lydia was a fierce warrior...being raised by Solin, she would have to be. But I loved the fact that she stood her ground with the scary ass Seth. And poor Seth....he was tortured by his family and everyone he has ever known for 4500 years. I thought Acheron had it bad but I think Seth has him pretty darn beat. I have a soft spot  for tortured hero's and you can't get more tortured than Seth.


I just LOVED this next book in the series...can't wait to find out what the hell is going on with the Jaden/Jared fiasco...Im on tender hooks now.....I was excited to see some Jaden in this one...






"He's under attack. Are you sure we can't help him?"

Jaden sent her a mocking stare. " Sure lets go get him pinned to Noir's wall for a week, shall we? Im quite certain that will thrill him to no end, and make make us all feel better that you care so much."


'"You don't have to be so sarcastic."

"I can't help it. I sucked sarcasm straight from my mothers breast."



I just love him....
All in all, This was a super winner to me! It really reminded me of why I fell in love with the series in the first place! It was a great quick read and a wild ride that had me tearing up at times as well as, "Woot!" -ting for the good guys!






View all my reviews




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This was an awesome read. I'm dying to know more about jaden aswell and that's what made it good for me.

    ReplyDelete

We love to chat...drop me

XOXOXO
VanesMate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...