Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review: Effortless by S.C. Stephens



My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"I don't know what I would do without you. I love you so much. But, if for some reason we're not closer, if something has come between us, please, I'm begging you...don't give up on me. Stay. Stay with me. Work it out with me. Just don't leave me...please."


If Thoughtless was about betrayal and loss then effortless is about growth and healing! Now that Kiera and Kellan are finally a couple, one would think that all would be perfect....yea right! The D-Bags are on their way to becoming a house hold name....with the awesome band now going on tour, Kellan and Kiera must face thier most challenging feat. Trust from long distance. Since the couple started thieir releationship with a betrayal it seems they may be doomed. But can their love for each other stand the strain? Can they get over their petty jealousies and grow the fuck up? Only time will tell it seems.....


This one was better than the first one in my opinion. Since the dynamic duo are faced with separation they must learn to trust one another. Kellan is scared that Kiera will turn to another in his absence since that's what she did to Denny. And Kiera is facing the green-eyed monster fighting off hordes of groupies. All the chicks love Kellan and its a constant struggle for her. But one thing that Im glad about and which was most surprising was Kiera's growth in this installment. She's started to learn from her mistakes by establishing her independence and not letting her and Kellan's relationship consume her. She actually got a feckn life...which was one of my pet-peeves in Thoughtless.


Another obsticle is while Kellan's dealing with the sucsess of his band he's also keeping something from Kiera....and she can sense it! It really is the wedge that gets between these too as Kiera is also keeping something big from Kellan. Although she does grow up a lot in this book she also does some dumb shit too....just because Kellan is keeping a secret doesn't mean that you should too. I understand why she kept it from him...since it probably would have drove Kellan back home but she should have trusted her relationship with Kellan and consulted him first!


One of the things I loved about this book was Kellan's letters to Kiera....it was like a treasure hunt with love notes! It was the cutest thing! I really got to feel the love he has for her which is insurmountable.


"I know that I've become one of those spouting, love-sick idiots, but what it all boils down to is three words that don't mean nearly enough...I love you."


Along with thier relationship woes, there's also forgiveness. Kiera needs to forgive her self for what she did to Denny and atone for it! They were bestfriends once and it's tough when you lose someone you love and care for even when you're the one who fragged up. I thought it was important that that happen and was glad that it did!


All in all, awesome book that I would definitely read again. Lots of surprises and closure to some things as well! Im dying to read the next book in this series to find out whats next with Kellan and Kiera! They have such great passion and an all consuming love for each other that is addictive to read about! Loving each other really is effortless....


"You...seared me. That's making love. That is something that none of them have over you. You are...unforgettable...and I love you."


My Kellan




View all my reviews


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to chat...drop me

XOXOXO
VanesMate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...